Monday 4 December, 2006

There's never really a right time...

... except the time right now! This realization dawned upon me quite some time back, but the inertia maintained status-quo anyway. Obviously, I started loathing myself and you can't take it beyond a point ;)

I waited for so long, thinking about starting my own blog - what the title will be, what it will stand for, whether I will be able to maintain it, etc., etc. Today, finally, I decided I've had enough. Let's take the plunge, and let's see what follows.

It's strange but I found this philosophy to be equally applicable in certain other, rather important, parts of my life - exercising, for one; keeping in touch with friends, for another. I've heard and understood all I need to hear and understand - the benefits of exercising regularly, and the perils of not doing so. But I admit that hearing & understanding is one thing, and implementing it is another game altogether! All I end up doing is imagining that perfect time when 'I won't be as burdened as I am right now' or 'I won't have to contend with so much traveling' or, as it inevitably is, some equally lame excuse. Ditto for keeping in touch - waiting for that time when I'll sit down and dial that number or send that email has proven to be illusory beyond doubt!

I find it's just better to find those 10 minutes everyday, come what may. Heck, briskly climb stairs, if nothing else. Send an SMS. Call while traveling.

Happily, I find it works. I'm hoping this blog idea works out too :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Cant agree more with u dude..U have hit the nail bang on the head....

ninad said...

great that u ve started blogging.
You ve given me some inspiration to restart my moribund blog..

Anonymous said...

Well said. Came across your blog from Brat's. Nice work, keep writing.