Saturday 14 June, 2008

The trip to Macau

So the boss comes in on Friday and writes a mail to the new hires asking if they'll be interested in an all expenses paid overnight trip to Macau. Surprise surprise, everyone says yes :P Then he personally comes over and casually asks us to carry some identification like our local HK ID card or our passport.



I'm flying out of HK for a bit on Sunday, so I decide its best not to carry my passport, specially coz. it's been pouring cats and dogs here lately. So a longish ferry ride later, we reach Macau immigration, and I'm told I won't be allowed to enter solely on my HKID as I'm not a permanent HK citizen and my is a must. Couldn't do anything about it, and had to take the ferry back :( Anyway, can't blame my boss for two reasons -

-He can fire me if I piss him off

-It was a bona fide mistake on a seemingly inconsequential technical detail



I guess this'll be a nice little anecdote to tell people... "You know once I went to another country without my passport..." :P



On a separate note, I was pleasantly surprised by the response to my last post. While there weren't too many comments on the post itself, a lot of my friends called or mailed me personally. Felt nice, specially because it even helped a few :)

9 comments:

Aditya said...

"You know once I went to another country without my passport..."

"Oh, you mean Nepal?"

:D

Unknown said...

ROFL :))

deadman17 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
deadman17 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
deadman17 said...

Sunday ko passport lekar jaana :P

SK said...

So did you finally make it to Macau after that? :)

Unknown said...

not yet, but the boss has graciously promised another trip :)

SK said...

Oh great, I too wish I had a boss like that :)

Abs said...

Dude...
never leave without your passport. You never know when u need a drink!
At least...in the US, thats how it is.