Friday 25 April, 2008

"How I Met Your Mother"





Whadaap!

I didn't think it could happen, but I have found a new TV series which can claim to be in the same league as Friends. No, I'm not going to compare the two, and comparisons are by and large meaningless. Suffice it to say that this is a brilliant creation, funny, slick and (to quote an oft used word from the series) "Legendary"!

The plot is one where it's 2030, and Ted Moseby (the central character of the series voiced by Bob Saget, Danny Tanner of Full House) is telling his kids "How I Met Your Mother".

It features Niel Patrick Harris as Barney. He was Doogie Howser, M.D. and is a brilliant actor and in many ways the star of the show, in spite of not being scripted as the central character of the series. And there's the gorgeous Cobie Smulders, the prettiest face on television for a long long while. There are three more characters (including Ted Moseby) and all of them are brilliant, and share an awesome chemistry.

Don't miss this.

-Nicky

PS: It doesn't air in India yet, but we all know there are 'torrential' ways to see all the episodes, don't we? ;-) Additionally, you can see full episodes on the homepage of the series (click on the title)

5 comments:

Amortya Ray said...

I love this show! Been watching it nonstop everyday since I discovered it a few weeks back. I'm absolutely hooked! The inevitable comparisons to Friends come up coz 1. Both are based in New York City, 2. Both have a bunch of main characters with complex relationships between them!

Oh and I totally agree about 'Robin'. She's smoking pretty!

Samyak said...

Does air in India. Season 1 ended sometime back on Star World.

Season two rocks equally. Waiting to get my hands on season 3.

Robin!! Sigh!! More Sigh!!

But it is legendary!!!

Samyak said...

But really long time between posts!!

be a little more regular.

Unknown said...

Yeah I agree that I'm way too irregular in blogging :-( Will try and become more regular! :)
Didn't know it aired in India! Thanks for bringing it to my notice! :)

M said...

hey.. i just started watching this show.. happened to stumble upon it & decided to check it out. it's nice..! i'm on a marathon now. i was impressed by the first episode.. and somehow, i got hooked.
and, guess what. Ted is my male version. seriously!! not my male counterpart, but just my male version :D