Tuesday 16 October, 2007

My blogging dilemma

It's a dilemma I face (I'm sure not the only one facing this!) The basic premise of my blog has been - "this is my diary, where I think aloud". Problem is (and it's pretty dumb of me to not have foreseen it!), a diary is much too personal to be published online!!! It's not so much a question of letting your thoughts be known in public, but much of what I want to write would include other people I know, and I just don't want to do that :(

I do want to continue blogging though... I hope I get some inspiration sometime by which I'm able to resolve this dilemma!

3 comments:

Aditya said...

Welcome to the blogger's world, Nicky. I've faced the same issues, you need to constantly tap dance on the line between personal and public stuff. Which is why most of my posts are about stuff that I would normally discuss with regular acquaintances (and not necessarily friends).

But yeah, keep writing... helps you purge stuff out of the head - it doesn't necessarily have to make it up here, but it helps to write it down...

Firebringer said...

You can choose to write deep, meaningful stuff, or you can choose to entertain. Or somethng between the two. General peeves, observations in everyday life, abstract literature which would be rejected like today's Bombay Times - they all can be published. Also, opinions on sporting events etc. Enough food for thought?

Unknown said...

more than enough, thanks :)